Syllabus Tool - Instructor Level
Using WebTycho's Syllabus tool helps UMUC ensure that:
- A student who starts a course sequence in one format or geographical location will have the foundation to continue in another and some familiarity with our approach;
- All faculty understand the place of the course in our curriculum and its desired learning outcomes; and
- the individual faculty member’s teaching is supported and enriched by the thinking of others in the discipline.
Faculty have access to their syllabi four weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.
Once the Director has published the master syllabus, the syllabus tool system will send an email to the email address you have posted in your MyUMUC account, indicating that your syllabus is ready for editing.
If you do not receive this email or you can not access they syllabus from the "Faculty Center" link in WebTycho, please contact your director immediately.
WHAT TO DO
1. Access your course syllabus via the Faculty Center link in your WebTycho classroom.
2. Make appropriate changes to the syllabus.
If you need help using the Syllabus Tool, depending on the level of detail you need, chose the appropriate set of instructions to follow.
3. Publish the syllabus to the students.
Your director may require that you submit your syllabus to them for approval prior to publishing to the students. In this case a "Submit for Approval" link will appear under the "actions" menu instead of the "Publish to Student".
These instructions are also listed in one of the instruction sets listed above.